Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Memoirs of a Fortune Teller & Vigilante Witch Hunter by Gary Turcotte




I'm choosing to post a joint review for these two books, because they are written by the same author, but also they go together. My first thought on the writing, and it made it difficult to read, was how choppy it came across. I wondered if it was on purpose, giving a sense of separate entries being written in "Memoirs of a Fortune Teller". If that was the intention, then it succeeded. Although the story was easy to follow, gaps were obvious. It idea is a good one, tho. I simply wished for more continuity. "Vigilante Witch Hunter" provided more continuity, although at times it also felt a little choppy. At times I felt rushed through the storyline as well. I really feel this is an interesting and unique idea that maybe simply needs a little more meat on the bones. I didn't hate it, but didn't love it either.

No comments: