Thursday, December 10, 2009

Women in Family Business: What keeps You Up at Night?


An interesting book, but not what I expected or was looking for. Having just gone into business with a family member, I was looking for more of a partnership with family members perspective. This book seemed to focus more on the wife as support to her husband who is the primary business person and then on her relationships with other family members. For me it didn't consider the perspective of two family members of equal status working together to run a business. I do think if the situation you are in is one where you're looking for direction in how to be supportive of family members running businesses, then this book would be helpful. I did find it well-written, just not what I was looking for.

1 comment:

Bybee said...

I like how you have a nice mix of fiction and nonfiction reading on your blog.