Saturday, March 14, 2009

Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom


Although I've been wanting to read this book for awhile...ever since I read "The Five People You meet in Heaven"...I didn't have it on my list until a conversation with a friend brought it to mind. After talking about it, I just had to read it. I'm glad I did. This is a wonderful conversation between the author and his favorite teacher. A relationship that wasn't simply student and teacher, but friend, and mentor as well. We all have at least one person in our lives who we think of as a mentor and who is or was one of those simply wise people we wish we could be around forever. Morrie is one of those who when faced with the certainty of his own death, stands strong and proud in his beliefs and his attitude to life. We can all learn from his example. All I can say is.....Read it. Read it!

No comments: